Thursday, December 1, 2016

Living in a Neighbourhood

"Hi Simon!" - a friendly greeting that I sometimes get while walking to work from my friend R's daughter, E, who lives just a few blocks away from me. It always brings a smile to my face even when I'm half-asleep at 8 am in the morning.

It's nice living in an area where I am within walking distance of friends. It really adds to the sense of community. Since graduating University, I don't think I've lived anywhere where I have known anyone other than my immediate neighbours. 

Mostly I have Margot to thank for this. As she gets older and gets to know more local kids, I imagine I'll get to know more and more local-area parents.

Who knows? Maybe one day some local-area Kimmy Gibbler will start barging in uninvited. Ahhh... that's when I know we' really belong in Hintonburg.

Anyways, for now I'll just appreciate what I have. This past Saturday Margot went to R's house for a playdate with E and her brother A. It was just for an hour and a half but from her smile she had a world of fun.

A, E and Margot
Small beginnings!

Their street


No comments:

Post a Comment